peppe

Just Arrived

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 03:12 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:41 AM

Hi
Im currently working on a project where I use a 8 cylinder engines internals (cylinder and valves) where I want to show the air fuel mixture comes in and get compressed and explodes then pushed out.
At the moment Im a bit stuck in how to do this in the best visual way. Any suggestion?? Please Help me!!!!
here a link of a reference video that i like.

tnxxxx!!!

#2 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

f you are considering doing this as a physically correct system then you have taken on an extremely advanced project..which will make you lots of money !! I will glad to err... help but would expect to make some serious wonga doing so !!
If you just want it to look correct then you would be better of doing the main sequences using stock footage and compositing with perhaps masks guided by TFD simulations. But even so to do it that way will involve a LOT of work.
ideas i would be toying with are :
Xpresso to drive the TFD system
TFD to feed back data via xpresso that can drive other xpresso rigs
THE FEEDBACK CAN GET BIBLICAL AND YOU CAN GET LOST IN HERE FOR AN ETERNITY
Fuel set to combustion by temperature
Separate render passes for the fuel
I would not even try to drive the pistons with TFD though i am sure you could get there with TFD driving objects that act as an explosive force via dynamics to move the pistons. But again this sort of approach is just for the fun of it..can it be done ? puzzles to while away a winters evening.
So sorry to not be of help but sure i could produce that shot as we all could given lots of time, workstations that would have NASA drooling and lots and i mean lots of patience.

Otherwise..bodge it..at the end of the day if it looks good it is good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users