Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

I was having a good old chin wag with some guy in the pub the other night, he was definitely a well read person and was capable of a well balanced and thought out argument..until we got around to the crusades and the etymology of the word "Assassin". Of course the topic quickly moved on to Cannabis and Hashish in particular. He then went on to expound that age old myth that the Assassins were originally called Hashshashin since they would consume vast quantities of Hash before they went on a mission, thus making them fearless killers. At this point there was a long pause, I gave wry-full grin and slowly sipped my pint. Gradually the ridiculousness of his argument dawned on him and it was a joy to watch his face as he realised what a lot of bunkum this is. ( just google the word Assasin) OK so I was born in 1960, mum and dad took me to India in 1967, i went to university in the late 70's to early 80's. So yes i had a puff or two!! Now to those of you who have indulged, and to those of you who have an inkling as to the effects of Hashish on the mind and body...well come on. I mean really !!! Can you picture the scene, the leader of the assassins calls in 4 of his elite and tells them of their mission to go deep behind enemy lines, by pass or silently kill any enemy they encounter, slip in undetected to their primary target and quickly and quietly dispatch their target and then disappear undetected. He then provides them with the finest Hashish available at the time and they then proceed to smoke it. 10 minutes later..... Oh wow man, shit what the hell was the mission OK OK who's got the weapons..ohh they they look sharp, I mean real sharp..check out the way the light is reflecting of this one. Close the windows and light the candles it will be so cool. Some time on the way to the target. Shit i can't see a thing..bloody hell i've dropped the Rizlas !!!. After 20 mins of fumbling around in the dark interspersed with insane fits of laughter they suddenly get a massive attack of the munchies, the next several ours are spent attempting to come to an agreement of what where and when they should eat. Next day arrive at the target and then realise it is the wrong target, no one has a clue who the actual target is so one is sent back to find this out, and get some more Rizlas....he never returns so another is sent and he returns with a camel load of kebabs and the ID of the target They camp up just short of the target, eat the kebabs, finish off the Hashish and grab some sleep before the night attack, upon waking up they realise they have slept through most of the night and the target and long since moved on. These cool calculated cold bloodied elite killers then trudge back to face the wrath of their master

#2 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Whenever i hear or read the word "Hashshashin" why do i get a picture of Sean Connery as James Bond in my mind ????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users