• Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

File Name: TFD Large Scale Flames Pt1 Thinking Particles Settings

File Submitter: SFX

File Submitted: 10 Feb 2012

File Category: TFD Full Tutorials

The first part of the TFD Large Scale Flames Tutorial, here we look at the Thinking Partcle Setup

Click here to download this file

• Gregoryrig likes this

#2 tddavis

tddavis

Just Arrived

• Contributers
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • Favorite Apps:C4d, Ultra 2, Mojowold
  • Machine Specs:LG 775 Celeron home built

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I am working on a Title sequence for a video of a vacation to Florida twenty years when I took my 4, then, teenage daughters to Disney World. I labeled the tapes "Vacation to Hell" and I have gotten as far as putting all the text in the proper places and making it appear when I want it to, but I want to have flames licking across the top of the word hell. Okay, I got the tutorial downloaded and started working on it, but right away I noticed that my version of CD4 doesn't have those three little icons where you create the dynamic fluid container. Is that a new addition to CD4? I am trying to learn R12 and everything is different than the last time I used it (R9), so I am the proverbial lost Easter egg here. I, also, wondered if it is even possible to use a MOText object as a generator, or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Thanks for any assistance anyone might be able to provide.

#3 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 02:23 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

The menu system has changed a lot but my icons are custom made, just create a new layout as per your liking. TFD can be used on most objects including splines, just ad a tfd tag.

#4 tddavis

tddavis

Just Arrived

• Contributers
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • Favorite Apps:C4d, Ultra 2, Mojowold
  • Machine Specs:LG 775 Celeron home built

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I had an "aha" moment from your last reply. I looked and looked and couldn't find a tfd tag to add and I finally realized I didn't have the plugin for it. I had been adding a particle container and just thought I was in the right place. All is good now. I am currently rendering out my title sequence but I have to admit my flames don't look anywhere near as cool as yours. I have more of a fireball thing going on. Thanks for your help. I hope to follow your entire tutorial after I finish this, and see if I can replicate your flames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users