Just Arrived

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:31 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D
  • Machine Specs:iMac 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo memory 2GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

I am running C4D R12 and the latest version of VRAY. I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory is 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Currently there are over 132 GB of open space on the hard drive.

I have been working with this tutorial.

My problem that I have is with VRAY shadows. Basically, I have set up my scene with all the exact same settings for materials, lighting and camera as specified in the above tutorial. My scene renders OK with VRAY, but it doesn't create shadows. You can see a still image of the latest of my 130 renders here. And you can see a still image of the tutorial's final render here.

During the render it seems as though shadows do appear in the first pass, but then quickly disappear soon after that. I rendered the final tutorial scene with no problems. Then I created a new scene and pasted the tutorial final scene within it and it all rendered just fine with great shadows and lighting. This was all done on the same machine with the same C4D R12 and VRAY software. So it is not a C4D or VRAY bug. I also opened the tutorial final scene deleted everything except the light and camera. Then I pasted my scene into it and again it rendered with no shadows. So I am pretty sure that the problem is somewhere within my scene. It's not VRAY and not C4D. If anyone has any idea on what it could be, please let me know. Thank you very much in advance for all of your kind help.

P.S. I tried to upload my scene and the tutorial final scene with this post but they were too big. Is there another section on Cinema 4D Tutorials where I can do that? Thanks again.
  • Josepha, XjethyImisy, CharlesSTO and 1 other like this

#2 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Local time: 11:31 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

check in your vray options that you have lights and shadows enabled. also when you add a bray tag to any light by default shadows are off, you have to enable them in the tag settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users