Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 12:00 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

There are many ways to boost or adjust an hdri sky for rendering in cinema 4d global illumination. You can adjust the gamma or add a filter to boost the contrast but here is another trick i discovered whilst trying to find the easiest way to match a lights position to that of the sun in the hdri add your hdri to a sphere with a decent amount of segements, say 96, then make the sphere editable. Now you can paint a poly selection where the sun is. You can now do a set selection and add a new mat to that selection with a very high luminosity value and/or increase the generate gi setting You would need to add another sphere with the unaltered hdri and have compositing tags on both so the undoctored one is visible to camera but not to gi and the doctored on is not visible to camera but is visible to gi I also tend to have my gi generating objects mats set to not receive gi You could even split the new polys off and move them back ( deleting the originals) thus avoiding to much gi blow out on a floor Or with the gap created you can easily place a sun using the transfer tool into the position of the selection now pointing in the right direction

#2 zak

zak

Just Arrived

• Poster
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 02:00 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4d
  • Machine Specs:Dula Xeon 3.2/ 4Gig/ Ram XP Pro

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

Sounds great... can you post some images?

#3 assemnemn

assemnemn

Just Arrived

• Poster
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:00 PM
  • Favorite Apps:assemnemnMC
  • Machine Specs:USA

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

1 Ill try using the HDRI only as background and add a sun and sky object just like in the old days before cinerender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users