Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

PLEASE NOTE ALL INITIAL POSTS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL AND WILL NOT SHOW UNTIL APPROVED

I think the forum is getting far too cinema 4d orientated. The original plan was to have a broad special effects tutorial site including tutorials from all the major apps such as 3DS Max, Maya, Lightwave, XSI Houdini etc etc

Since both Cinema 4D and 3DS MAX both have access to thinking particles and pyrocluster I was hoping that the 2 camps could bury their differences and share some knowledge..but ..well maybe pyrocluster and thinking particles are not really that popular in MAX

Well i have decided to start adding some links to offsite tutorials

More and more it seems that tutorials for the major apps can be applied to all the other apps, it may take some reverse enginering and a little trickery but that is half the fun

So I would advise users of any 3D application to broaden their outlook when it comes to tutorials, there is a lot to be gained in conducting cross border raids !!

Now I am probably asking a lot here but do you think it would be possible that a few members could actually bother to give something back to the community ? I mean search out and post links to tutorials ? Or better still write your own ? And try and spread the word to other 3D artists, I am sure that if we exchange techniques we could all learn a lot from each other.

If you do add links to tutorials they will not show up untill i have approved them ( in fact all new post are moderated now), forever fighting spam here

I welcome all tutorial subjects ( I would prefer special effects) and of course try to add them to their relevant app section.

If people are not really going to be bothered to contribute to build the site then I may as well make it a closed site for contributing members only and save on the bandwidth..which is not free !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users