Unpacking Bags

• Poster
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 04:01 AM
  • Favorite Apps:c4d
  • Machine Specs:sdfgtrg

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

Can you please giving some tut or detail on using vray physical camera and how to combine with setting in vray camera? Thanks

#2 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 12:01 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

Basically most of what you can do with a physical camera you can do with color mapping, the main use of a Physical Camera is for depth of field, though of course it is also used for exposure You can adjust DOF without the PC in the render settings but for real world camera dof setting you need a Physical Camera, where fnumber is perhaps the most important setting for dof but i think speed and iso also may have an effect You can use dof from the render settings but i think as soon as you use a physical camera then you loose the dof unless you specifically set it up in the camera For dof it's best to use a target object for the camera ( and i generally work in cm units), experiment with a long line of cubes going off to the distance, dof is very subtle and to get more effect use a low fnumber (in the vray physical cam settings) and high focal length camera ( in the c4d settings of the cam) You really get to see the dof when the taget is very very close to the camera To be honest i can't tell you any more than what you could get from the manual and experimentation

#3 subz

subz

Unpacking Bags

• Poster
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for your reply, I play with it a bit and to be honest i feel disappointed. DOF is the nice feature but only work in cm and i have bunch of scenes already in m. But the main thing is I thought the physical camera will have an impact on photo quality such as making picture corners darker (just like u take real picture with your camera), so other than dof and some brightness controls, there is no point to use vray physical camera in term of quality. Am i wrong?

#4 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:53 PM

if the scene is already set at m try simply switching to cm in preferences, nothing should change in the scene but vray will calc dof better Scene set up in metres Attached File  vraym.jpg   46.23KB   19 downloads Scene changed to cm in preferences Attached File  vrcm.jpg   43.77KB   17 downloads use the vignetting effect tick box to darken corners

#5 subz

subz

Unpacking Bags

• Poster
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:45 AM

Thank you. I see, vignetting it is. Final question, do i need to resetup the sun distance when changing to cm? And if your scene is built in m, lets say when changing, the chair is 200cm in height, do i need to adjust the camera aperture? Thanks

#6 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

well i think you have to experiment. The main things that affect dof with a physical camera are the fstop, the target distance ( make the target null very close to the camera ) and the lens focal length ( a wide angle lens will give less dof effect - less blur- than a long lens) If you find that the adjustmenst needed on the physical cam make for a too washed out image ( too much light) you can then play with the shutter speed and iso ( these may or may not have an effect of dof as well- check !!) and / or use color mapping

#7 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

If you are getting problems with anti aliasing and you are using a vray physical camera ( perhaps for dof) then try not using the exposure in the camera settings, instead use color mapping I often find that the physical camera in vray can increase AA jaggies that can be avoided by not using the exposure option

#8 assemnemn

assemnemn

Just Arrived

• Poster
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Apps:assemnemnMC
  • Machine Specs:USA

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

So you are saying there isnt a way to change the first view you get from each camera position? Does the location of the center point do anything? Thanks, Michele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users