Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Local time: 11:32 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

Here is something i am working on in cinema 4D, can't quite get the pyrocluster to do the fire as i would like but when and if i do i will make a tutorial on it

The falling cube uses the dynamics module and though it is very simple i may as well throw that in for good measure

It also uses a fair bit of thinking particles

3.2 MB QT

#2 t3rmin4t0r

t3rmin4t0r

Unpacking Bags

• Poster
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 AM
  • Favorite Apps:cinema 4d 9.1 studio bundle

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:28 AM

that looks awesome man :P/> i remember the vid you showed me of something similar done in max i think. this comes pretty **beep** close. i think the pyro is good enough. what bothers me is the particles. after it stops on the ground, they distribute a bit weirdly. like there are some small clusters or single particles going too far from the cube. keep up the good work.

#3 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

Here is the latest

2.5 MB QT

I think i will go with this for the tut and everyone can then improve on it

#4 MoocatTwo

MoocatTwo

Unpacking Bags

• Poster
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 02:32 PM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:47 PM

looks awesome ;)/> maybe the flames are a bit short, though. other than that pretty sweet :D/>

#5 t3rmin4t0r

t3rmin4t0r

Unpacking Bags

• Poster
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 AM
  • Favorite Apps:cinema 4d 9.1 studio bundle

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:02 PM

i like this second one more than the first. good job. looking forward to the tut.

#6 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

Yes they are a bit spherical, i will try some stretch Getting pyro flames to look right is a thankless task, what i will do is create a scene that almost works, make a tut and then it's up to everyone else to see how they can improve on it At least i will get the basics done

#7 MoocatTwo

MoocatTwo

Unpacking Bags

• Poster
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:12 PM

yeah pyrocluster really needs some work.. ;)/> i wish c4d had something better to use if someone wants real fire.

#8 christianz

christianz

Found A Room

• Contributers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Local time: 03:32 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema4D, RealFlow, Vue Infinite
  • Machine Specs:MacPro Nehalem, OSX 10.9, 64GB RAM

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:00 AM

Hello !

I was browsing the making-of features on some of my favourite DVD's and looking for the methods, how the big special effects studios create CG-fire. However, in most cases (such as in Lord of the Rings) fire was created using video footage of real fire.
Do you know "ParticleIllusion", the sprite/particle generator ? There are some examples in the emitter libraries which are pretty impressive, for example "Flame" created by Martin Duerr.

yeah pyrocluster really needs some work.. ;)/> i wish c4d had something better to use if someone wants real fire.

View Post

#9 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:12 AM

Yes PI is very good, what a lot of the big studios do ( i think) is put real footage on sprites and have the texture mapped such that the sprites move through it ( i think) Thing is to get the particles to react to the movement of the object, e.g if the block i did bounces so should the fire I suppose since i got the particles to do that anyway then sprites should do the same, but in PI i don't know how to ( or if it is possible) to have the flames "lick" around an object I sorta of understand how to composite the PI particles but not how to get them to say move along and around a surface Perhaps realflow would do a good job but then again you are left with the texturing

#10 Rantin Al

Rantin Al

Found A Room

• Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:46 AM

I downloaded the PI demo and was mighty impressed with that Fiery 1 sample, among a few others. There is now an OSX version of the demo and a library viewer as well. If you click and quickly drag the cursor it is possible to split the mass explosion into the base stream and look at the construction. It looks a bit like Pyrocluster on steroids. :D/> The way I understand it is that a single Pyro stream is rendered and then multiple sprites are created from this initial unit. These are emitted with varied shot timing and direction variables. I might be totally wrong in this idea, but it sounds convincing. I think PC should be able to create similar, although the render times will probably be nuts for the full kaboom. ;)/> I'm starting a little project to see if I can come close with a single PC stream. I will post any satisfactory (or otherwise) results. I played about with the 'Fireball in the tunnel' file and less is definitely more. Fewer emissions set to 'count' gets nearer a licking, rolling flame. I'll post these tests when I get a decent result. Cheers, Al

#11 3w3w3w

3w3w3w

Just Arrived

• Poster
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

I`m learning C4D,I hope I can do it like you ~~~

#12 AffinityFX

AffinityFX

Just Arrived

• Poster
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:09 AM

pretty sick how long did it take to render?

#13 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:18 AM

sick ? try the tutorial and see how long your render times are..if you have the stomach for it !!

#14 Richardovellee

Richardovellee

Just Arrived

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM
  • Favorite Apps:RichardovelleeNC
  • Machine Specs:Barbados

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

Zyx said: Players usually have the light at its maximul level, so the flames effect would be unnoticed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users