Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 12:08 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:43 AM

For Cinema 4D Thinking Particles This is a bit basic but some of you might not know it. Create a null and make a TP emitter from it..PStorm. Animate the null moving across the screen, quite fast. Now set the pstorm to emit at a rate of say 500 particles speed 100, make the emitter very small say 10 x 10 and the divergence (X and Y FOV) to 5 % Now play the animation and stop it at frame 50, you should see the particles clumping, this is beacuse TP does not have subframe sampling One way to ease this is to increase the speed variation, it needs to be at 100 % to have any real effect at this speed OK set the speed variation back to 0 and try this, click on the left side of the pstorm node and add a new emitter velocity port, now you should have the null object already in the xpresso setup as you would have used it to set the emmiter postion and alignment, on the right side of the null object node make a new port position velocity and link that to the pstorm emitter velocity port Now play the animation stop and frame 50 and you should have less or no clumping, the technique works best with a lot of particles emitted
  • Michaelevop likes this

#2 gfx

gfx

Just Arrived

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 04:08 AM
  • Favorite Apps:cinema4D
  • Machine Specs:good one

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:21 PM

thanks < good work

#3 SFX

SFX

Site Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Local time: 12:08 PM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4D, Max, RealFlow, Terragen, Motionbuilder
  • Machine Specs:I7 930 4.2 Ghz 12 GB Ram

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:33 AM

here are some ideas that were given to me : from darf: One solution is to utilize the TP 'DT Factor' data channel. It is used to scale the delta time evaluation between frame sampling. It defaults to 1 ( 100% ), setting it to 0.1 makes the particles evaluate ten times slower, setting it to 10 makes the particles evaluate ten times faster, etc... It has to be set per particle I beleive ( is there a global setting? I do not know for sure ). Have to look. Very easy way to do bullet time like effects. Srek suggest a slight velocity and distance variation, by varying the distance he means to vary the distance from the emitter at birth, helps to stagger particles Apparently core particles velocity node can help..not tried it

#4 felixhill

felixhill

Just Arrived

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 08:08 AM
  • Favorite Apps:Cinema 4d
  • Machine Specs:PC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Sweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic